We had several entries in what was likely our toughest contest to date. As always, you guys showed that you’re passionate fans of our site and the sport — either that or you just like free stuff.
Anyway, before we get into announcing who the winner is, here are the official correct answers:
1. Don Frye in “Big Stan” (2007)
3. UFC 1 tooth loser Teila Tuli AKA Taylor Wily in “Forgetting “Sarah Marshall” (2008)
4. Maurice Smith (the fatherless bastard) in “Miami Connection” (1987)
5. Cage Potato reporter molester Quinton “Rampage” Jackson in “The Midnight Meat Train” (2008)
6. UFC founder Rorian Gracie (Mexican restaurant maitre d’) in “Hart to Hart” 1983
7. Cunning linguist Tito Ortiz in “The Crow: Wicked Prayer” (2005)
8. Rapist and murderer Joe Son (fighting Bolo Yeung) and Mike Bernardo (cornerman shouting encouragement to Yeung) in Shootfighter 2 (1996)
9. MMA legend and all around good guy (unless you accost his wife in a bar) Bas Rutten in Zookeeper (2011)
11. UFC Hall-of-Famer Ken Shamrock in “That 70′s Show” (1999)
12. Raving lunatic Harold Howard (wild-eyed murderous gladiator) in “Gladiator Cop” (1995)
13. Rickson Gracie in “The Incredible Hulk” (2008)
14.Stephen Quadros (dude with the animated facial expressions) in “Demon Wind” (1990)
15. Patrick Smith’s first UFC 2 victim Ray Wizard (gang leader) in “The Master” AKA “Long Xing Tian Xia” (1992)
16. Joe Rogan in “Zookeeper” (2011
17. Chuck Liddell (Boy Scout catching orange) in “The Postman Always Rings Twice” (1981)
If you got all of the answers you would have gotten 22 right. Worth noting is that not one person got all 22 and most (who were frontrunners up until we received the winning entry last night) topped out at 17. Many forgot to mention Sensei Seagal since most don’t consider him an MMA personality and the majority didn’t catch the background “bonus” characters in the Sons of Anarchy and Shootfighter 2 clips. A few, who are likely kicking themselves today, incorrectly stated that the clip with Joe Son was from Shootfighter, NOT Shootfighter 2.
We’d like to say thanks to Hayabusa for offering us such a great prize and to everyone for entering. Unfortunately there can only be one grand prize winner.
As a consolation prize we will be sending the runners up one of our coveted Cage Potato “Devil Horns” or “Hall of Fame” shirts. If your name is called, send us your shipping info and shirt size at contest@cagePotato.com: Blakethoria, John Hernandez, nlimestone, Miles Ravitz, Chris Reid and Justin Williams.
And the big winner, and a true expert of Googling obscure MMA cameos is…. Michael Jones. Shoot us your shipping address and size and we’ll get your prize out to you.