(Del Rosario’s most recent Challengers appearance against Brandon Cash, 11/6/09)
Strikeforce’s next "Challengers" card goes down this Friday in Everett, Washington, headlined by a heavyweight bout between Shane Del Rosario and Lolohea Mahe, and the women’s 135-pound title fight between Sarah Kaufman and Roxanne Modafferi. Two questions come to mind…
– Why is a 9-0 steamroller like Del Rosario fighting a 4-1-1 novice who’s coming off a loss?
– Why is that fight headlining this card, as opposed to the women’s title fight?
The answers are: 1) It’s Strikeforce, do you really expect brilliant matchmaking? 2) As rumor has it, Strikeforce is displeased that Kaufman’s last three fights have gone the distance. So they’re pretty much going to stop pushing her. Anyway. Die-hard fightpickers can check out the full set of pool questions for this event after the jump; please make your selections at fightpicker.cagepotato.com or apps.facebook.com/mmafightpicker.
Unrelated: Our good friends at AskMen.com have released their 2010 Great Male Survey, which is honestly one of the greatest sociological research projects of our time. Over 100,000 men participated, giving their opinions on sex, grooming habits, current events, and so much more. Things we learned: 49% of men would punch a co-worker in the face if they could get away with it. 3% of men feel that MMA is too violent for their tastes. 19% of men would track their partner’s movements ("with a GPS implant, for example") if they had the ability. 53% of men feel that "sex addiction" is just a convenient excuse for guys who get caught cheating. Well, obviously.
Do us a favor and check it out here.
- Shane Del Rosario vs. Lolohea Mahe @ Strikeforce Challengers: Who will win?
– Will Del Rosario vs. Mahe end in round 1?
– Sarah Kaufman vs. Roxanne Modafferi: Who will win?
– Will Kaufman vs. Modafferi go to a decision?
– Abongo Humphrey vs. Mike Kyle: Who will win?
– Will Humphrey vs. Kyle end via KO/TKO before round 3?
– Cory Devela vs. Bobby Voelker: Who will win?
– How will Devela vs. Voelker end?
– Caros Fodor vs. Thomas Diagne: Who will win?