Steroids in MMA
Which MMA Fighter Will Test Positive For Steroids Next?

Another Ex-Girlfriend of Anthony Johnson Accused Him of Battery in March, Police Report Reveals


(Photo via Getty)

As we previously reported, UFC light-heavyweight Anthony Johnson is currently on an indefinite suspension, following allegations that he brutally assaulted the mother of two of his children at her place of employment in 2012, then talked her out of pressing charges; the victim claims she has been receiving threatening calls and text messages since then. This followed a separate incident in 2009, in which Johnson roughed up a different woman and eventually pleaded nolo contendere to a misdemeanor charge of domestic violence.

Unfortunately, Johnson’s history of abuse doesn’t end there. According to a police report first unearthed by MMAJunkie, another ex-girlfriend of the UFC fighter claimed that Johnson assaulted her at her place of employment. Via Junkie:

On March 19, the woman called police to get Johnson to leave her place of employment, Park’s Taekwondo. According to the probable cause affidavit, she did not give a full account of the incident until the next day, when a teacher from the taekwondo school called police to document a text message he said he received from Johnson. The woman told police then that Johnson had showed up unannounced at Park’s Taekwondo on 15 separate occasions in the three months she had worked there, even though their sexual relationship ended in 2012.

The woman said Johnson knew she was working alone March 19. She said he demanded to speak with her, grabbed her shirt behind the neck, lifted her up from the chair by her shirt and grabbed her right arm. She showed the investigator “bruising on her right forearm and a reddish scratch mark near her right collarbone.” She told police she asked Johnson to leave several times, but he did not until police arrived.

BloodyElbow adds some more details:

Also documented is what the police call an apparent “pattern of stalking,” which, along with battery charges were to be filed through the State Attorney Office. However, the woman requested that the charges be dropped. The case supplemental report states that the victim “stated she no longer wished to pursue charges for battery or stalking and only wanted these incidents documented.”

Oh, so the victim no longer wanted to cooperate and the charges were dropped? Re-sign this man immediately! Ugh. The worst part about this new development is how similar the accusations are to the previous accusations made against Johnson. Just like in the 2012 incident, Johnson (allegedly) showed up to an ex-girlfriend’s job and put his hands on her, and also exhibited stalking behavior. And just like the 2009 case, Johnson’s seems to enjoy yanking women off the ground as a method of intimidation.

Of course, Johnson will never answer to these charges in a court of law. The only punishment he might receive is the permanent loss of his UFC contract, which seems likely at this point. We’ll update you if and when the UFC releases an official statement.

Cagepotato Comments

Showing 1-25 of comments

comments
Sort by : Show hidden comments
CagePotatoMMA