As if UFC 162 wasn’t already stacked enough, word broke earlier today that a lightweight matchup between John Makdessi and Edson Barboza has been booked for the event as well. Set to transpire on Fourth of July weekend, UFC 162 not only feature the much-anticipated middleweight title fight between Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman, but a trio of ridiculously awesome featherweight fights and yes, the return of Dave Herman.
After suffering his only career defeat in one of the greatest upsets of 2012 (via TKO to Jamie Varner), Barboza recently rebounded with a first round TKO of Lucas “Why me, God, WHY?!” Martins at UFC on FX 7. Currently 3-2 in the octagon, Makdessi has been able to right the course in his past two fights, bouncing back from a two fight skid with UD victories over Sam Stout and Daron Cruickshank.
We don’t mean to overhype it, but this fight has all the ingredients for a end of the night bonus at the minimum and a FOTY nomination at best. And what’s the only way to make a great fight even better? That’s right, a drinking game. Here are the rules we will be playing by during Makdessi/Barboza:
1. For every attempted spinning backfist/kick, take a drink.
2. For every landed spinning whatchamacallit, take two drinks.
3. If Mike Goldberg mentions “the slapping sound” made by a leg kick, finish your beer.
4. If Rogan informs Goldberg (for the billionth time) shortly thereafter that the best leg kicks are the ones that make no sound, shout out your favorite Goldbergism and take a shot.
5. If it ends in a knockout/TKO, finish your beer.
6. If Joe Rogan completely loses his sh*t during the fight (ala Boetsch/Okami), take a bong rip, finish your beer, and Ezekiel choke the person closest to you.
Check out the crazy lineup for UFC 162 after the jump.
-Champ Anderson Silva vs. Chris Weidman
-Chan Sung Jung vs. Ricardo Lamas
-Tim Boetsch vs. Mark Munoz
-Frankie Edgar vs. Charles Oliveira
-Dennis Siver vs. Cub Swanson
-Roger Gracie vs. Tim Kennedy
-Andrew Craig vs. Chris Leben
-David Mitchell vs. Mike Pierce*
-Edson Barboza vs. John Makdessi
-Seth Baczynski vs. Brian Melancon
-Shane Del Rosario vs. Dave Herman
* – Not officially announced