…are after the jump. Read on to see how Dan Hornbuckle fared in his Bellator debut, and if Ryan Thomas made the most of his welterweight tournament do-over.
Bellator 15, 4/22/10
Mohegan Sun Arena
WW Quarterfinal Matches
– Dan Hornbuckle def. Tyler Stinson via submission (triangle choke), 2:03 of round 1
– Ryan Thomas def. Jacob McClintock via TKO (punches), 4:11 of round 1; Thomas says he will rematch Ben Askren in the welterweight semifinals on May 20th in Dallas.
– Steve Carl def. Brett Cooper via split decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
FW Quarterfinal Match
- Patricio "Pitbull" Freire def. William Romero via submission (heel hook), 2:01 of round 1
Local Feature Fight Card
- Dave Branch def. Derrick Mehman via submission (rear-naked choke), 0:26 of round 2
– Ryan Quinn def. Matt Lee via unanimous decision (29-28 x 2, 28-27)
– Dan Cramer def. Dennis Olsen via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
– Rich de los Reyes def. Brylan Van Artsdalen via submission (rear-naked choke), 2:03 of round 2
— In other Bellator news, the semi-final matches of Bellator’s lightweight tournament have been set for May 6th in Boston. Following his submission victory over Chad Hinton two weeks ago, Roger Huerta will take on Pat Curran in the semis, while Toby Imada meets Carey Vanier.