(Video courtesy of IronForgesIron)
When FUEL TV stated that it will be dedicating a lion’s share of its programming to UFC-related shows as a result of its parent company Fox’s new multi-year contract with the promotion, most of us wondered what the quality of said shows would be like.
If this UFC Champion’s Roundtable special is any indication, it’s going to be pretty decent.
Hosted by Jay Glazer, the half-hour program that debuted during FUEL’s 24-hour New Year’s UFC marathon, featured a handful of UFC champs — past and present — who reflected on the early days in the sport and how far it’s come since Bonnar fought Griffin on SPIKE TV back in 2006.
• Before TUF Chuck Liddell was barely recognized while he was out
• Forrest Griffin thought UFC was stupid when he first watched it
• Frank Mir still had to work full time when he was a UFC champ for the first time
• Chuck explains that being a fighter also means changing your sleep schedule to have you at your peak come fight time at 10:00 pm
• Mir criticizes every performance including his title wins
• Chuck called everyone who helped him when he won the strap from high school wrestling coaches and youth karate coaches to family members