We’ve been giving away copies of Iceman: My Fighting Life for the last couple of weeks, and during that time, it’s been my go-to for bathroom-reading. Consequently, I’ve learned a lot about Chuck that I didn’t know before — things that only devoted fans and family members would know. We’re taking a break from the caption contest this week, but we’d like to send an autographed copy of Iceman to the first reader who can correctly answer the questions after the jump, which are based on facts pulled from the book itself (UPDATE: We have a winner). But first, we’d like to excerpt our absolute favorite part of Iceman, which basically confirms that all the stories you’ve heard about the guy are true. Read it and weep:
Here’s what happens when you win a big fight: Girls flock to you. I was once at a club in Vegas with my girlfriend after I had beaten some guy up, and right in front of my girl, another woman came up to us and handed me her key. When I fought Tito, I wasn’t dating anyone seriously. So after a night of celebrating at the clubs, I brought some company back up to my room. A lot of company. I can’t remember how many woman, but I know it was more than two. I had promised Dana the gloves and trunks from the fight, and he had forgotten to get them in the celebration after. He came by my room in the morning, knocked on the door, and someone let him in. He saw two girls asleep in the living room, two more girls in the bathroom, and a girl in bed with me. None of us had any clothes on. And Dana remembers seeing condoms hanging from the lamps, on the floor, pretty much everywhere. He looked at me, asked me for the gloves and the trunks, then said, “Get the hell out of here.” I ended the morning by having sex while doing an interview on the phone with a radio station. Again, I’m not trying to brag. This is just the way it was.
And now that we’re all in the mood, the trivia contest:
1) The symbols tattooed on Chuck’s head represent “Koei-Kan,” the style of karate Chuck studied before he started training with John Hackleman. What does “Koei-Kan” mean?
2) Fill in the blank for this Chuck quote: “____ is the kind of guy I would hate to fight in the ring. He’d never stop coming. You could rip his arm off and start beating him with it and he’d still keep trying to take you down.”
3) By the time of his second UFC fight, Chuck had __ kids by __ different mothers.
4) Of the following colors, which one is not on Chuck’s list of “favorite toenail polish colors”? Pink, Blue, Black, Green.
5) Of the following liquors, which one is not on Chuck’s list of “favorite drinks/shots”? Patron, Jägermeister, Wild Turkey, Jameson’s.
The first reader to answer all questions correctly gets the book. Submit your answers in the comments section. And…go!