(You call that a mean face? Shiiieeeet.)
Betting odds are out for this Saturday’s UFC event on Spike TV, which we’ll be liveblogging as usual. If you’ve still got the disposable cash and the devil-may-care attitude necessary for online gambling in this bleak economic climate, allow us to steer you in the right direction for this one.
The juiciest lines on the internets come to us courtesy of BestFightOdds.com:
Joe Stevenson (+281) vs. Diego Sanchez (-295)
Dan Hardy (even) vs. Rory Markham (-108)
Nate Marquardt (-258) vs. Wilson Gouveia (+250)
Demian Maia (-256) vs. Chael Sonnen (+236)
Josh Koscheck (-450) vs. Paulo Thiago (+450)
Terry Etim (-220) vs. Brian Cobb (+205)
Junior Dos Santos (-260) vs. Stefan Struve (+240)
Mike Ciesnolevicz (-115) vs. Neil Grove (-105)
Per Eklund (-160) vs. Evan Dunham (+140)
Paul Kelly (-290) vs. Troy Mandaloniz (+290)
- Given what we’ve seen from both Sanchez and Stevenson of late, the line on this one actually seems conservative. The only good reason to bet on Stevenson is if you think Sanchez is going to have serious problems with the weight cut, and I don’t. He’s always in phenomenal shape, which makes cutting weight easier, and Stevenson still has nothing to threaten him with.
- Maia and Marquardt are both justified favorites, though Maia ought to be considered the safer bet of the two. Gouveia hits hard enough that he always has a chance to turn your night into a dim memory. Sonnen…not so much.
- If you’re looking for a good (slight) underdog, take a gander at Evan Dunham. He’s got a good head of steam, a good team to work with in Xtreme Couture, and as first UFC oppnents go Per Eklund isn’t a bad draw. Want to get riskier? Consider Brian Cobb. If he can straight-up outwrestle Etim and not get starry-eyed or jet-lagged, he has a shot. If you want to just piss your money away go ahead and put it on "Rude Boy" Mandaloniz, but don’t blame us when your house gets foreclosed on.
- Absolutely Don’t Bet Against: Josh Koscheck. Seriously, you think Kos is going down to a guy from the Brazilian leagues stepping into the Octagon for the first time? No way. You ought be ashamed of yourself for even thinking it.
- Certified Cage Potato Parlay: Sanchez + Maia + Marquardt + Dos Santos. Believe that, playa.