Bellator 121 goes down tonight in Thackerville, Oklahoma, featuring freak show veterans James Thompson and Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, and a bunch of fights that don’t really matter. Promoting these fights as important from a competitive standpoint would be laughably inaccurate, and so, Bellator has gone the other way, releasing an over-the-top, tongue-in-cheek, Sharknado-quality video promo trying to drum up interest. Give it a look above, and you will see:
- A list of “things that are awesome,” including “dynamite” and “hot chicks.”
- A celebration of the time that Eric Prindle got stomped in the crotch by Thiago Santos, then axe-kicked Thiago Santos in his crotch during their rematch. It is described as “poetic justice” by commentator Jimmy Smith.
- James Thompson going full WWE at 1:38-1:56. (“I’ve come hea’ to face Eric Prindle, Pringle, wotevva ‘is name is, it doosint matteh…”)
- A voice-over describing Prindle vs. Thompson as “a high-concept fight that is MMA’s version of Godzilla vs. King Kong, a tiger fighting a shark, or a side of bacon in a chocolate milkshake.” What. The. Fuck.
- A subtle suggestion that the audience should be drinking beer during the broadcast.
Basically, your manhood is in question if you don’t tune in to Spike TV tonight. Got it, pansies? [*rides T-Rex off to Hooters*]