(Video courtesy of YouTube/FightHubTV)
When Mark Munoz politely mentioned that he wouldn’t be opposed to fighting his friend and sometimes training partner, UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva Saturday following his impressive win over Chris Leben in Birmingham, England, many of us were surprised, given the fact that the majority of fighters in the UFC seem reluctant to fight their pals.
Then he recanted and said that, actually he’d like to fight Michael Bisping instead, which made a lot more sense considering that a few fights ago Yushin Okami made us forget that Munoz was a top-tier wrestler.
Well, he’s back at it again.
In an interview “The Filipino Wrecking Machine” did with FightHubTV.com’s Marcos Villegas yesterday, the dangerous UFC middleweight touched on a number of topics, including why he’d take the fight, what it would mean to his friendship with Silva and why he doesn’t think Chael Sonnen deserves the next crack at the belt.
The brass tacks:
• Rates his performance against Leben as one of the best of his career
• Believes that the fight proved he’s well-rounded and on his way to becomeing champ
• Says he wasn’t willing to stand and trade with “The Crippler”
• Didn’t want to be another casualty statistic of Leben’s left hand
• Says he feels that he deserves the title shot next due to MMAMath because he lost to Okami and Yushin fought for the title next and because he beat a former number one contender in Demian Maia
• Calls Leben a top five fighter and past contender
• Doesn’t believe Sonnen should get t title shot after winning one fight, even though he dominated a top-tier fighter in Brian Stann
• Wants to fight Anderson because he has the belt even though they’re friends who often train together
• Reveals that they had an “unspoken rule” that they would never fight each other
• Hope’s Anderson isn’t insulted by him calling him out, but he wants to be a champion