Marquardt is on a three-fight win streak, most recently knocking out Demian Maia in 21 seconds at UFC 102. Sonnen has won his last two, scoring unanimous decisions over highly-regarded middleweights Dan Miller and Yushin Okami. It’s an interesting matchup that raises some important questions: First off, does this mean that Dan Henderson has officially left the UFC? Last week, Dana White said he was certain that Henderson had been signed by Strikeforce, though his manager denied it. And hey, would Chael Sonnen get the next shot at Anderson Silva (after Vitor Belfort gets his) if he manages to pull off an upset against Marquardt? Good Lord. Thanks a lot, Hendo.
The current lineup for UFC 110 (February 21st; Sydney, Australia) is after the jump…
– Wanderlei Silva vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama (MW)
– Nate Marquardt vs. Chael Sonnen (MW)
– Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic vs. Ben Rothwell (HW)
– Stephan Bonnar vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (LHW)
– James Te Huna vs. TBA (LHW)