(Video courtesy of RadioPlanet.tv/KRSP/Shade 45)
Anyone who ever complains about the growing number of MMA fanboys with URL’s and podcasts claiming to be journalists needs to listen to the clip above of two dudes, who are obvious fans of Floyd Mayweather, feeding the boxing champ softball questions. In fact, some of the questions aren’t actually questions at all, but on the bright side, at least we sort of get to hear what Floyd has to say about a few things.
One of the interviewers is a DJ by the name of “DJ Whoo Kid” and the other seems to be DJ WK’s hype man and FMJ’s biggest fan, given his numerous nuthugging statements like “Ortiz got exactly what he deserved after that headbutt.” He obviously wasn’t listening during the first half of the interview as he continually asks the exact same questions as Whoo Kid.
As a public service for those readers who can’t (or won’t) sit through the interview, check out the key points:
• Floyd says Pacquiao is irrelevant and can fight his leftovers
• He doesn’t know who or when he’s fighting next, but he’s downplaying a fight with Pacquiao even though the fans want to see it
• He says Pacquiao is afraid to “take the test,” which is a reference to Manny’s refusal to do weekly Olympic drug testing during camp for the bout
• He knew Larry Merchant wouldn’t give up pestering him about the “cheap shot” he hit Ortiz with
• Mayweather has no preference between Merchant and Max Kellerman because they’re “pretty much the same” and neither want to give him his credit
• He would prefer to see Lennox Lewis do post-fight interviews
• He believes that Emmanuel Steward, Larry Merchant and Jim Lampley want to find a fighter to beat him, but he says they would need to bring in a robot to get the job done
• Floyd isn’t worried about Merchant’s claim that he’d kick his ass if he was 50 years younger
• He blames Ortiz for the controversy since “somebody started it and [he] finished it”
• He says the ref called “time-in” and all of the kissing and hugging is unnecessary and is supposed to be reserved for after the fight
• He says Oscar De La Hoya is jealous of him