(John Howard: You’d be a fool to pick against hair like that.)
Watching MMA is a lot more exciting when you have something riding on the outcome. And while you may not be bold enough to throw actual money on all those tasty underdogs, you can still play along during Sunday’s UFC Live: Jones vs. Matyushenko broadcast (Versus, 9 p.m. ET/ 6 p.m. PT) by casting your predictions in an MMA FightPicker pool. The game consists of 13 questions this week, covering all the marquee matchups as well as some specific questions on how the fights will play out. (Will there be a takedown within the first two minutes of the main event? Will James Irvin see the second round for the first time since 2006?) Check ‘em out after the jump, join FightPicker if you haven’t already, and feel free to share your predictions in the comments section.
– Jon Jones vs. Vladimir Matyushenko @ UFC Live: Jones vs. Matyushenko: Who will win?
– Will there be a takedown within the first two minutes?
– Will Jones vs. Matyushenko end via KO/TKO before round 3?
– John Howard vs. Jake Ellenberger: Who will win?
– Will Griffin vs. Gomi end by stoppage or decision?
– James Irvin vs. Igor Pokrajac: Who will win?
– Will Irvin vs. Pokrajac make it out of the first round?
– Will there be more KOs/TKOs or submissions on the full card?