(That little son-of-a-bitch is at it again… / ‘Shop courtesy of urdirt)
Alistair Overeem won’t be beating anybody up, but this Saturday’s DREAM event — which will be broadcast live on HDNet at 3 a.m. ET / midnight PT — will still be good for some late-night thrills, so set those DVRs, kiddies. In the main event, Shinya Aoki defends his DREAM lightweight belt (and attempts to bounce back from his humiliation in Strikeforce) against fellow Japanese mainstay Tatsuya "Crusher" Kawajiri, who’s on a four-fight win streak and hasn’t been submitted in five years. Also on the card, Gegard Mousasi and Melvin Manhoef headline that kinda-pointless mini-LHWGP, Mitushiro Ishida makes his featherweight debut against Daiki Hata, Michihiro Omigawa gets fed a can, and Gesias Cavalcante looks for his first win in three years against Katsunori Kikuno. If you’d like to make it interesting, head over to fightpicker.cagepotato.com (or apps.facebook.com/fightpicker) to make your predictions. This week’s pool-questions are…
- Shinya Aoki vs. Tatsuya Kawajiri @ DREAM.15: Who will win?
- Will Aoki vs. Kawajiri end via submission?
– Gesias Cavalcante vs. Katsunori Kikuno: Who will win?
– Gegard Mousasi vs. Jake O’Brien: Who will win?
- Will Mousasi vs. O’Brien go to decision?
– Melvin Manhoef vs. Tatsuya Mizuno: Who will win?
- Mitsuhiro Ishida vs. Daiki Hata: Who will win?
- Kazuhiro Nakamura vs. Karl Amoussou: Who will win?
- Michihiro Omigawa vs. Jong Young Sam: Who will win?