Another big week on MMA FightPicker is in the books, and would you believe that Ben and Ben ended up tied for 2nd place (along with Geriatric Peon) in their pool? I guess that’s what happens when you make the exact same selections. Who knew. Celebrity guest-picker Roy Nelson did about as well, and we applaud him for predicting Ricardo Almeida‘s win over Matt Brown, as well as the lack of an early stoppage in St. Pierre/Hardy. Speaking of Nelson, Big Country makes his next Octagon appearance this Wednesday at UFC Fight Night 21: Florian vs. Gomi, which goes down at the Bojangles Coliseum in Charlotte. The event will be broadcast on Spike TV at 8 p.m. ET/PT, and will lead in to the season premiere of TUF 11.
How does this affect you as a FightPicker player? Well, you only have until Wednesday afternoon to enter this week’s pools and make your selections, so get your e-asses in gear and make it happen. There are no prizes up for grabs this time around; we’ll announce the winners of last week’s iPad pools as soon as we have them. Let’s take a look at the questions that are currently in play…
– Florian vs. Gomi at UFC Fight Night 21: Who will win?
– What will happen first in Florian vs. Gomi…a knockdown or a takedown?
– Will Florian vs. Gomi make it to round 3?
– Nelson vs. Struve: Who will win?
– Will Nelson vs. Struve end via KO/TKO?
– Pearson vs. Siver: Who will win?
– Quarry vs. Rivera: Who will win?
– Winner vs. Oliveira: Who will win?
– Uno vs. Tibau: Who will win?
– Okami vs. Linhares: Who will win?
– Harris vs. Miranda: Who will win?
– Emerson vs. Lentz: Who will win?
– ‘Fight of the Night’ will be awarded to…a main card fight or a preliminary card fight?
Not so easy, huh? You’ll have to pick boldly if you hope to earn a spot on the leaderboard. Aaron Rampey is close to breaking the 3,000 chip barrier, while nismo17 is gaining ground at an alarming rate…