After a short week of pickin’ for UFC Fight Night 21: Florian vs. Gomi, it’s time to stretch out a bit. The pools for next Saturday’s UFC 112 card are now open on MMA FightPicker and two things are worth noting: 1) You have a full nine days to enter pools and make your selections, and 2) Up for grabs in the prize pool this time around is a 32-inch television. Seriously. And it’s a nice one, too. A 3,800-chip buy-in gains you access to the 25-person-limit prize pool, in which the first-place winner will score a Sony BRAVIA 32" 1080p LCD HDTV, valued at $549.99.
Yes, 3,800 Potato Chips is about 3,750 more than you have at this point; we realize that. So why not buy some chips? Put it this way: If you need a 32" flat-screen and you think you have a good handle on how UFC 112 will play out, you could pick up a brand-new television at a very deep discount. The prize pool requires a minimum of 16 players, and it includes a tie-breaker question that you’ll need to answer. Any of you sissies have the guts to play? Anybody feel like taking a look at the questions before making such a rash decision?
UPDATE: Okay, listen up crybabies. We realize it’s not fair to con you into buying chips when the prize pool could shut down for not hitting the minimum number of players. So we’re going to lift the minimum player requirement for this one. Thanks for all your feedback, and please check back later…
– Silva vs. Maia at UFC 112: Who will win?
– Will Silva vs. Maia make it to round 3?
– Penn vs. Edgar: Who will win?
– Will Penn vs. Edgar end via submission?
[prize-pool tie-breaker question] Exactly how long will Penn vs. Edgar last?
– Hughes vs. Gracie: Who will win?
– Will Hughes vs. Gracie go to a decision?
– Etim vs. Dos Anjos: Who will win?
– Grove vs. Munoz: Who will win?
– Gustafsson vs. Davis: Who will win?
– Johnson vs. Blackburn: Who will win?
– Osipczak vs. Story: Who will win?
– Kelly vs. Veach: Who will win?
– Will there be any split-decisions on the card?