Troubled ex-MMA fighter Jason “Mayhem” Miller attended an arraignment hearing yesterday in Orange County, California, where he pled not guilty to two felony counts of corporal injury of spouse, or domestic abuse, stemming from a pair of recent arrests. A reporter from SciFighting.com was on the scene and passed along details from the hearing, which apparently didn’t go so well for Miller. Here are some highlights…
- “As Miller was brought into the defendant’s cage, he looked wildly around the nearly vacant room with eyes full of confusion. His defense attorney approached him, and Mayhem stressed to her ‘I need to get out tonight, it’s imperative.’ Immediately following the interaction, his hands were photographed to show where his girlfriend allegedly bit him and took off large pieces of his skin.”
- “Mayhem Miller’s alleged victim, known to the court as Ana Pricilla (but known to Mayhem as Anna Stable), says that during the second assault case she was urinated on and choked until she fell on the floor, where she was punched and kicked viciously. In defense, Mayhem’s attorney stated that the victim was asked to leave the house, and Jason’s father witnessed her attacking Jason.”
- “At this point in the hearing, Judge Manssourian scolded Mayhem because he was making faces and nodding his head in every direction. The fighter apologized, explaining he is ‘an expressive person’ and that he’s ‘an artist’. The judge dismissed his statements, and advised him he is best served to be silent and allow his attorney to speak on his behalf.”
- “The hearing continued and the People then suggested that the judge take into account the bruises and lacerations that the victim allegedly had. Mayhem’s defense replied that ‘the victim trains (in) MMA’ as well, and would probably have those anyway. She did not go to the hospital or report these injuries the night of the conflict, instead opting to sleep at Jason’s house and report the event weeks later. It is also pointed out that not only does Jason have a restraining order against this woman, so do a few of her past boyfriends.”
- “The People cite evidence against Miller, including many [social] media posts made by him in the past. Apparently, Miller sent the victim Snapchats of her and her mother walking while he dubbed the words ‘Satan Satan Satan’ in the backround. Three different Twitter posts made by Jason were acknowledged as threatening to the victim, the first being ‘IF YOU ARE READING THIS WITH FEAR IN YOUR HEART, MAYBE’LL KILL YOU’ His twitter name is cited as ‘Maybe,’ and the defense stated that this could be directed at anybody, including Dana White (whom the court referred to as the ‘President of the WWF’). His second and third posts were ‘SOME PEOPLE PREFER PRISONERS OVER PARTNERS. IF THEY CAN’T HAVE YOU, NO ONE CAN. CAN’T KILL MAYBE’ and one simply stating ‘DIE DIE DIE’.”
- “To end the proceedings, the District Attorney and Judge Manssourian stated that Miller’s tweets deem him a threat to society, to which Mayhem loudly replied ‘Judge, I am an artist!’ He was quickly silenced by his defense attorney. The court placed a protective order on Ana Pricilla, and banned Jason Miller from owning firearms.”
Miller’s bail was re-set at $100,000 after the charges from his two August arrests were combined into one case. His pre-trial is scheduled for this Friday, August 30th, and his preliminary hearing is slated for September 9th.