(Video courtesy of AOL Fanhouse)
All of the main card fighters from tomorrow night’s Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson card, save women’s welterweight champ Marloes Coenen were in attendance for the event’s pre-fight press conference at Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse in Chicago last night.
Here are some of the highlights for those who can’t watch the video at work:
• Former PRIDE heavyweight champ Fedor Emelianenko spoke about going from a 10-year undefeated run to possibly facing expulsion from Strikeforce if he picks up his third loss in a row against Dan Henderson on Saturday.
• He also touched on the birth of his new child and the fact that he had to leave to train soon afterwards as well as his reuniting with his brother Aleksander Emelianenko to train for this fight.
• “The Last Emperor” denied claims that he came into his last two bout ill-prepared.
• Henderson spoke about the unique situation of sponsoring Fedor through his (Clinch Gear clothing company) essentially to fight him.
• Meisha Tate touched on her unique relationship with boyfriend and trainer Brian Caraway who she says understands her better than any coach she’s ever had.
• Tate also said that she’s hoping her fight with Coenen will rival the Strikeforce middleweight title fight between Gina Carano and Cris Santos, hype-wise.
• Paul Daley said that he’s “the iceberg” who will take out the “Titanic” Tyrone Woodley who has been built up bu Strikeforce.
• Daley also said that Woodley is an overall better fighter than Josh Koscheck, but his wrestling isn’t as good.
• Kennedy says that he feels that his game has improved in leaps and bounds since he began training at Jackson’s MMA a year ago and that he’s looking forward to meeting Robbie Lawler in the middle of the cage for a fan-friendly slugfest.