28 Nov 2011 16:23:34 PM
28 Nov 2011 16:23:34 PM
27 Nov 2011 09:12:38 AM
(Gina Carano, rising above her fears. Pic: MenVersus.com)
When signing a business contract, one must be acutely aware of the fine print. Companies often try to sneak in language and terms which may later allow them to catch the other party off guard and emerge victorious in the battle for the almighty dollar.
I’d like to think that signing a contract for an MMA bout is a bit more straightforward. You’re told upfront in no uncertain terms that the opposing party’s objective is to physically hurt you. It’s a special breed that can accept those terms and believe in themselves enough to sign on the dotted line.
Despite that rampant self-confidence—or perhaps because of it—many fighters attempt to psyche out their opponent and gain the upper-hand before the first punch has even been thrown. When successful, it makes for an easier night’s work. When it fails, the would-be intimidator is left looking foolish. The comeuppance may come in a laugh at his expense or a lop-sided asswhooping, but either way it’s a sight to behold.
Join us for a closer look at what happens when fear is not a factor in mixed martial arts.
Read More DIGG THIS
18 Nov 2011 08:59:28 AM
(Video courtesy of YouTube/KanistyLez)
We’ve all seen this guy at some point in our lives. A big, lumbering, normally quiet and unassuming ox, who gets a few Jagerbombs into him and thinks he’s the streetfighting equivalent of Chuck Liddell. We like to think that’s how Tank Abbott got his start as a fighter.Read More DIGG THIS
28 Oct 2011 07:19:15 AM
MMA’s awkward march into the mainstream continues! Last night on NBC’s Parks and Recreation, lovable meathead Andy Dwyer (Chris Pratt) co-hosted a Halloween party, and showed off his Chuck Liddell costume. It isn’t clear if the pitcher of beer was meant to be part of it. A scene from the episode is above; a photo of Andy doing the classic Iceman pose is after the jump.
Please share your own ridiculous Halloween costume plans in the comments section.Read More DIGG THIS
27 Oct 2011 10:04:43 AM
We can be pretty critical sometimes, but it’s that snarky candour that prompts most of the Potato Nation to navigate over to our site several dozen times a day. As harsh as our observations may be at times, they are nothing compared to the frank and biting results returned from Google search’s autofill.Read More DIGG THIS
25 Oct 2011 09:00:07 AM
(Props to IronForgesIron.com)
Fresh of his various appearances in our Hayabusa Cameo Contest, former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell popped up on Hawaii Five-0 recently, showcasing an entirely different side of his acting abilities, this time playing “cage fighter.” I’ll give all due credit to Alex O’Loughlin for not only fighting up a couple of weight classes, but for taking part in the most brutal charity match this side of Rocky vs. Thunderlips. And is it just us, or does Chucky boy have “that look” in his eyes yet again?Read More DIGG THIS
24 Oct 2011 06:30:33 AM
Start sharpening your razors, folks: We’re just eight days away from the official start of Movember! To help get you in the moustache-growing spirit, we’ve put together a photo gallery of our favorite facial hair arrangements in MMA history, which you can check out after the jump.Read More DIGG THIS
21 Oct 2011 15:17:02 PM
(Video courtesy of YouTube/FightHubTV)
- The definitive collection of Ariel Helwani interviews including ours (BleacherReport)
- Dana White is number 38 on AskMen’s top 49 most influential men of 2011 list (AskMen)
- Miss CoEd Brigette Cadriel (DoubeViking)
- The incredible interchangeable films of Steven Seagal (FilmDrunk)
- How to defend against different attacks (MadeMan)
- 5 weird holidays nobody should ever celebrate (Clutch.MTV)
- 20 kickass sidekicks (HolyTaco)
- Last night I ‘accidentally’ discovered a ProElite ring girl secretly does porn (MiddleEasy)
- Jamie Varner un-retires to fight for XFC (MMAFighting)
- Tavares out, Stark in against Jacoby at UFC 137 (UFC.com)
- Of course Ben Stiller was picked to direct a period horror film (ScreenJunkies)
- UFC in 3-D to hit theatres Feb. 4 (CageWriter)
- 20 creepiest fighters in MMA history (LowKick)
- CSI: Legoland is incredible (TuVez)
Read More DIGG THIS
28 Sep 2011 14:34:37 PM
When Dana White first attempted to end Chuck Liddell’s MMA career in 2009, the move was met with mixed feelings by the MMA community. Though it was admirable to see a fight promoter put his friend’s health before profits, it seemed unfair that Liddell had no say in his own retirement. After all he gave to the sport, didn’t he deserve to go out on his own terms?
At the time, Liddell was riding back-to-back knockout losses against Rashad Evans and Mauricio Rua. He had reached the end of the line as a top competitor, and didn’t need any more concussions in his life. And yet, he convinced White to give him one last dance against Tito Ortiz. Then, Ortiz pulled out of their fight, and Rich Franklin stepped in and knocked Chuck out again.
In a way, it was the saddest knockout of Chuck’s career because of how well he was doing up until he lost consciousness. He was clearly motivated and in great shape — but after 12 years of standing and banging, it only took a single off-balance hook to shut his brain off.
I’m sure Dana White regretted the way the situation turned out, and the role he played in allowing Liddell to suffer another head-trauma. And I hope he learned a lesson that he can now use in dealing with Matt Hughes.Read More DIGG THIS
28 Sep 2011 06:25:39 AM
(Damn. Mandy Moore is looking *rough*. / UFC 135 crowd gif via caposa)
- What’s Next for UFC 135′s Winners and Losers? (NBC Sports MMA)
- Exclusive: Paul Daley Discusses Beef With BAMMA and His Desire to Return to the UFC (BleacherReport.com/MMA)
- Here’s That Strange and Awkward Moment From Last Weekend’s Strikeforce Challengers (MiddleEasy)
- EliteXC’s Gary Shaw Tried To Sign Fedor Emelianenko, But Wouldn’t Meet M-1 Global’s Demands (MMA Convert)
- Chuck Liddell Talks Retirement, FOX Deal and ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Cameo (MMA Fighting)
- Save the Day: MMAMania Interview Exclusive With Demetrious Johnson (MMA Mania)
- ‘UFC 135: Jones vs. Rampage’ Exclusive Photo Gallery (TheFightNerd)
- Jeff Monson Asks Pat Miletich, “How Can You Not Consider America a Terror Organization?” (FightOpinion)
- Charlie Brenneman: I Have Everything I’ve Ever Wanted Within My Grasp [Exclusive] (LowKick)
- Vitor Belfort Interested in December Dance Against Winner of Sonnen/Stann (Five Ounces of Pain)
- Dominick Cruz Lives Cheap, Enjoys Cruising in a Honda Civic (5th Round)
- UFC 135: Payout Perspective (MMA Payout)Read More DIGG THIS