1 Aug 2013 12:15:57 PM
So you think you’re a die-hard MMA fan, just because you buy most of the UFC pay-per-views and because you have a few fruity-ass Georges St. Pierre trading cards in your sock drawer? Let me show you what real obsession is, bro.
A couple of videos came to our attention today, both of them shot by MMA fans whose devotion to cage-fighting has begun to bleed into their surroundings. One is high-budget, one is low-budget, but they’re both — in their own special ways — kind of creepy. (We’ll let you decide which obsessed fan is scarier in the comments section.)
First up, the “Cave of MMAn” featured above, in which a longtime Ultimate Fighting mark shows off what has to be the most elaborate UFC fandom HQ ever built on a private residence. You will see…
- A Star Wars-style text-crawl intro, letting us know that we’re about to enter some serious geek territory.
- A chain-link Octagon, which doubles as an outdoor deck, an Octagon-themed bar (“The Octobar”), and a Octagan-themed coffee table.
- An entry portal that features TapouT decals on glass and a gloved fist punching through the side of the house.
- The phrases “NEVER LEAVE IT IN THE HANDS OF THE JUDGES” and “AS REAL AS IT GETS” stenciled near the ceiling.
- An actual Octagon canvas on the floor, which appears to be the real deal, judging by the visible blood-stains.Read More DIGG THIS