13 Jan 2015 19:11:33 PM
Johny Hendricks vs. Matt Brown Booked for UFC 185; Thatch vs. Thomson to Headline UFC Fight Night 60
Johny Hendricks will look to bounce back from his title fight loss to Robbie Lawler when he faces off against tough bastard Matt Brown at UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos (March 14th, Dallas). The UFC announced the booking today, which comes as a bit of a surprise, considering that the original plan was to book Hendricks vs. Lawler III.
However, Brown recently found himself without an opponent when Tarec Saffiedine withdrew from their UFC Fight Night 60 bout due to a groin injury. Plus, some dudes on twitter told Dana White that they weren’t interested in seeing a Hendricks/Lawler rubber match so soon, and the idea was scrapped.
The UFC’s change of plans presents some good news and some bad news. The good news is, UFC 185 is getting stacked. Right now, it looks like this:
- Anthony Pettis vs. Rafael Dos Anjos (for UFC lightweight title)
- Johny Hendricks vs. Matt Brown (for intercontinental welterweight dip-spit king)
- Alistair Overeem vs. Roy Nelson (for PRIDE Neva Die freak-show heavyweight belt)
- Henry Cejudo vs. Chris Cariaso (for flyweight…ah screw it, you know Cejudo’s going to pull out of this one for “personal reasons“)
- Sergio Pettis’s return to flyweight against Ryan Benoit (possible FOX Sports 1 featured prelim??)
So yeah, pretty good so far. The bad news is…Read More DIGG THIS