("COME AT ME, BRO!")
Happy Thanksgiving, Potato Nation! If you’re reading this right now, you should probably consider disconnecting from the Internet and spending time with your family. If you came here to escape those horrible people, brother we can relate. (*Pours another glass of scotch*) Let us know what you’re thankful for in the comments section, and keep up-to-date with this grab-bag of UFC headlines…
– Replacing the unfortunately injured Jose Aldo at UFC 125 against Josh Grispi will be Dustin Poirier, an 8-1 featherweight prospect who just knocked out Zach Micklewright in 53 seconds earlier this month at WEC 52: Faber vs. Mizugaki. Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann will now be the event’s co-headliner, in support of the Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard lightweight title fight.
– Coming off an ugly knockout loss against George Roop at WEC 51, "The Korean Zombie" Chan Sung Jung has his win-or-go-home fight booked, as he’ll be taking on Rani Yahya at Fight for the Troops 2 on January 22nd. It’ll be the only fight on the card where you won’t be able to chant "U!S!A!" in support of at least one of the fighters. Expect a lot of fans in the arena to make trips to the bathroom.
– Following his third consecutive loss at UFC 122, TUF 9 welterweight castmember Nick Osipczak has been released by the promotion.
– After notching a split-decision win over Paul Taylor at UFC 121, Sam Stout will take on Taylor’s teammate Paul "The Other Paul" Kelly at UFC 126 (February 5th, Las Vegas). Kelly is coming off of a dominant TKO victory over TJ O’Brien last weekend at UFC 123.
– Speaking of lightweights, a bout between Spencer Fisher and TUF 9 lightweight winner Ross Pearson has been added to UFC 127 in Australia. Fisher recently snapped a two-fight losing streak by outpointing Kurt Warburton at UFC 120, while Pearson just suffered his first Octagon loss at UFC Fight Night 22 in September, losing by rear-nake choke to Cole Miller.