Like price sticker residue on a prized picture frame, these myths refused to be scrubbed away. You’ll encounter them on forums, barroom discussions, and even from the mouths of so-called experts. What myths are these? We’re glad you asked…
By CagePotato.com Staff
3. Chuck Liddell in his prime would have destroyed ________.
4. MMA has nothing in common with professional wrestling.
5. [Celebrity with zero combat sports experience] would make a great MMA fighter!
6. Motivated BJ Penn could/still can beat anybody.
7. Healthy Shogun could/still can beat anybody.
8. Brock Lesnar could’ve held the belt forever and a day had it not been for diverticulitis.
9. The UFC is not a sports entertainment company.
10. MMA wouldn’t exist without Bruce Lee.
11. Tito Ortiz held the most UFC light heavyweight wins of all time (too soon?).
12. _____, _____, and _____ will be the toughest test of [insert headliner of next PPV]‘s career so far.
13. Xyience is a thing people use outside of UFC press conferences, where cans of it are used as paper weights.
14. Michael Bisping won the Matt Hamill fight.
15. Rampage Jackson is funny.
16. Forrest Griffin is funny.
17. The low salaries Zuffa pays the fighters are okay because they all get rich off locker room bonuses.
18. The media isn’t on the take.
19. “I used supplements that must have been tainted.”
20. “I was hacked.”
21. “My phone was stolen.”
22. “My PR firm went rogue.”
23. Brazilian events bring out only respectful, educated fans.
24. Women’s fights are always exciting (and no, we don’t hate WMMA. You can criticize something and still like it. Imagine that…)
26. Boxing is dead. Did you see how many MMA sites covered Mayweather-Maidana?
27. “Fastest growing sport in the world.”