(Ken Shamrock getting “inspected” before Cage Rage 25.)
Sherdog has thrown up some results from Cage Rage 25 which went down today in London. Ken Shamrock – who had lost four fights in a row before today – now boasts a five fight losing streak. His son, Ryan Shamrock, didn’t fare well either in only his second pro fight. The 135 pounder lost when the doctor stopped the fight after the first round due to Ryan’s broken hand. Ryan did last longer than his pops, though – Robert “Buzz” Berry knocked Ken out at the 3:26 mark of the first round. Will this finally put Ken Shamrock into permanent retirement or will he stick around long enough to fight his brother? We’ll wait and see, but more pressing, what does this do to all the talk of Ken Shamrock fighting Kimbo? Does anybody care anymore?
Other notable matches in the event: Tom “Kong” Watson’s win over Pierre Guillet on strikes, Neil Grove losing in a majority decision to Rob Broughton, and Masakazu Imanari heel hookin’ Jean Silva into a tapout. And sadly, our new girlfriend Aysen Berik lost by TKO in the first round to Aisling Daly.
Out of the eleven fights, only two went to decision and the other nine didn’t get into the second round. The event will air via tape-delay tonight at 10:30 p.m. on Showtime. The results:
– John Phillips over Jake Bostwick via TKO (Strikes) Round 1, 4:10
– John Hathaway over Marvin Arnold via TKO (Strikes) Round 1, 1:32
– Giorgio Andrews over Ryan Shamrock via TKO (Doctor Stoppage – Broken Hand) Round 1, 5:00
– Aisling Daly over Aysen Berik via TKO (Strikes) Round 1, 1:49
– Henrique Santana over Michael Johnson via Decision (Unanimous) Round 3, 5:00
– Ivan Serati over Roman Webber via TKO (Strikes) Round 1, 0:48
– Mustapha al Turk over Gary Turner via Submission (Strikes) Round 1, 3:19
– Tom Watson over Pierre Guillet via TKO (Strikes) Round 1, 2:05
– Rob Broughton over Neil Grove via Decision (Majority) Round 3, 5:00
– Masakazu Imanari over Jean Silva via Submission (Heel Hook) Round 1, 2:30
– Robert Berry over Ken Shamrock via KO (Punches) Round 1, 3:26
It was also announced yesterday that the next big Cage Rage show is scheduled for May 10th in Birmingham. Paul Cahoon will headline, putting his Cage Rage British Light Heavyweight belt on the line against Ian Freeman.