(Ortiz and Liddell will settle their grudge once and for all on New Year’s Eve…OR WILL THEY?? / Photo courtesy of CombatLifestyle)
One of my weekly MMA must-reads is the "Sunday Morning Rumor Mill" column on MiddleEasy, which features a bunch of juicy stories that just might be true. In homage to our pals, we’d like to start a similar feature on CagePotato — except ours will work a little differently. Of the eight items you see below, seven have been pulled directly out of our asses. The other one is absolutely, positively, 100% true, and has been confirmed by inside sources. Which one is it? We’d rather not say, due to legal reasons. You’ll have to figure it out yourself…
– Vinicius Quieroz wasn’t the only fighter who was caught by the UFC’s independent drug-testing at UFC 120. There was a second guy who pissed hot for the same steroid, but the company decided to let him off with a private (but very stern) warning. Hint: Main card, but not main event.
– Arianny Celeste has been dating a former UFC fighter for the past year, but has kept the relationship hidden from the public, in order to protect the fantasy that she’s "available" to her fans. We can’t reveal her boyfriend’s name, but his initials are Tiki Ghosn.
- Thanks to his alcohol-aided loose lips, many MMA fans in Alaska already know that Cody McKenzie has guillotine-choked his way to the TUF 12 finals. As punishment, Cody might be taken out of the fight, and replaced by the guy he beat in the semi-finals. "Knee injury" will be the official story.
– Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz III has been booked…as the main event of Dynamite!! 2010 in Japan on New Year’s Eve. Official announcement will come next week. (Yes, Tito has been released by the UFC.)
– War Machine has been in protective custody the entire time he’s been in prison. Every story he has ever told in his blogs that involves interacting with other prisoners is a complete fabrication. The bologna sandwich thing is true, though.