The UFC paid out $1,525,000 in reported salaries and bonuses for UFC 102, with the night’s headliners taking home just over half of the total. The numbers are below. Keep in mind that they don’t include income from sponsorships, cuts of the pay-per-view revenue (which Randy Couture reportedly receives), or the UFC’s shadowy "locker room bonuses" (which Silva and Duffee likely got a taste of).
– Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: $460,000 (includes $150,000 win bonus and $60,000 Fight of the Night bonus)
– Randy Couture: $310,000 (includes $60,000 Fight of the Night bonus)
– Nate Marquardt: $140,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus and $60,000 Knockout of the Night bonus)
– Gabriel Gonzaga: $120,000 (includes $60,000 win bonus)
– Jake Rosholt: $86,000 (includes $13,000 win bonus and $60,000 Submission of the Night bonus)
– Brandon Vera: $70,000 (includes $35,000 win bonus)
– Thiago Silva: $58,000 (includes $29,000 win bonus)
– Keith Jardine: $55,000
- Chris Leben: $30,000
– Demian Maia: $28,000
– Mark Munoz: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
– Ed Herman: $24,000
– Mike Russow: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
– Aaron Simpson: $18,000 (includes $9,000 win bonus)
– Justin McCully: $15,000
– Evan Dunham: $14,000 (includes $7,000 win bonus)
– Tim Hague: $7,000
– Nick Catone: $5,000
Overpaid: Gabriel Gonzaga, who took home a six-figure paycheck for beating down another UFC newbie — and needed a devastating kick to the nuts to do it. If you haven’t seen his fight against Chris Tuchscherer, brace yourself, and click here.
Underpaid: Look, you get paid what you negotiate; we understand that. Still, after three straight stoppage victories (and a spot on UFC 102′s main card), you’d hope that Krzysztof Soszynski would get more than $8,000 to show. When you’re winning fights and taking home Submission of the Night bonuses, being a low-on-the-totem-pole up-and-comer can be a sustainable way of life. But when you fail to shock the world against Brandon Vera, you’d better hope that Sam’s Club has an opening in their automotive department.