Though reported to have gone down in Las Vegas, last night’s weigh-ins clearly took place in Bizarro World. How else could you explain a slim(mer) Roy Nelson, Josh Koscheck being the victim of bullying, and Nick Diaz comporting himself like a true gentleman?
We were denied a glimpse of “
Big Medium Country” at the memorable UFC 137 weigh-ins back in October, but last night he tipped the scales some fourteen pounds lighter than he did when squaring off against Frank Mir last May. Could it be he’s serious about that drop to light heavyweight?
Koscheck hasn’t had much to say about his foe—aside from having to look him up after the fight was signed—but Mike Pierce provoked him further by donning a pretty accurate wig during their staredown. Considering that Pierce called him out in the first place, he either knows something we don’t or is setting himself up for a lesson in humility this evening.
And as for Diaz, there’s not much to say beyond how civilized he looked. No, he didn’t bro hug ‘Conduit‘ after the face-off, but the ruffian we know and love was nowhere to be seen. First a handshake at the presser, and now no mean mug? Could it be that the ‘Pride of Stockton’ has failed to muster up the hatred for his opponent that usually fuels his fights, and if so, does it even matter?
Diaz-Condit stare-down, courtesy of YouTube/UFC.
Full Results: (via MMAJunkie.com)
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view)
- Carlos Condit (169) vs. Nick Diaz (169)
- Roy Nelson (246) vs. Fabricio Werdum (246)
- Josh Koscheck (170) vs. Mike Pierce (170)
- Renan Barao (136) vs. Scott Jorgensen (135)
- Ed Herman (185) vs. Clifford Starks (185)
PRELIMINARY CARD (FX)
- Max Holloway (144) vs. Dustin Poirier (146)
- Alex Caceres (136) vs. Edwin Figueroa (135)
- Matt Brown (171) vs. Chris Cope (171)
- Henry Martinez (169) vs. Matt Riddle (170)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Rafael Natal (186) vs. Michael Kuiper (183)
- Dan Stittgen (170) vs. Stephen Thompson (171)