More so than any of the punches ‘The American Gangster’ landed on the champion during their first encounter, it’s been his incessant jabs since that evening that have caused the most damage. It may have taken a couple of years of unrelenting taunts, but Chael Sonnen has finally gotten under Anderson Silva‘s skin. Never underestimate the heart of a pretend champion.
Two weeks ago we saw Anderson’s cool demeanor begin to fade with promises of extreme violence against Sonnen. Things escalated on Tuesday with the champion violating Sonnen’s personal space, a press conference faux pas if ever there was one. Last night, however, the uncannily smooth Brazilian officially lost his cool, popping Sonnen with a shoulder to the face as the two squared off at the weigh-ins. I’m not sure if Brazil has area codes, but if so it’s safe to say which one Silva’s repping.
If you aren’t pumped for this fight, you’re dead inside. Actually, if you read this site, you’re probably already dead inside. So…just enjoy the fight, alright?
Full weigh-in results (via: MMAFrenzy.com)
- Anderson Silva (184) vs. Chael Sonnen (185)
- Forrest Griffin (204) vs. Tito Ortiz (204)
- Patrick Cote (185) vs. Cung Le (185)
- Dong Hyun Kim (170) vs. Demian Maia (170)
- Chad Mendes (146) vs. Cody McKenzie (145)
- Mike Easton (135) vs. Ivan Menjivar (136)
- Fabricio Camoes (156) vs. Melvin Guillard (155 )
- Khabib Nurmagomedov (155) vs. Gleison Tibau (155)
- Riki Fukuda (185) vs. Constantinos Philippou (186)
- John Alessio (156) vs. Shane Roller(155)
- Yoislandy Izquierdo (156) vs. Rafaello Oliveira (156)