MMA Fighting’s Ariel Helwani took to the streets of Los Angeles to find out what the general public thought of the UFC’s network television debut on Saturday — or if they were even aware of it. But since it’s L.A., the “general public” includes a lot of fictional characters and crazy people. Here’s what we learn:
- Every Cookie Monster or Spiderman you see walking around Los Angeles is just a guy with a funny accent trying to make a living.
- You can trace Mr. Muscles’s MMA lineage all the way back to the famous UFC fighter who went to Russia and got the belts. (It wasn’t Niko. It was his partner.)
- Michael Jackson’s caucasian ghost was a Muay Thai fighter for six years.
- The chick in the red top needs to ditch those lame friends of hers and watch the fight with us.
- Haywire was great.
- Kimbo Slice the man whether he win or lose.
- Apparently there’s a boxing match happening this weekend too. Huh. How ’bout that?