(Video courtesy of YouTube/MMAHeat)
Not sure how we missed this video when it went up last week, but our homegirl Karyn Bryant from MMA H.E.A.T. caught up with Diego Sanchez and talked to the eccentric UFC welterweight about a variety of topics including his upcoming UFC 135 fight with Matt Hughes in September and his return to Team Jackson.
Your loss, Diego, you know what I mean?
A few highlights:
• Diego recently got married.
• Rashad’s injury was an accident that happened when Evans and his sparring partner got too close to Diego and his sparring partner who were drilling double-leg takedowns.
• He’s backing Jon Jones when he fights Rashad because he’s his “brother in Christ” and his teammate.
• He feels that he beat Martin Kampmann handily because of takedowns despite the popular opinion that it should have gone to “Hitman.”
• He says would love to fight Kampmann again because he called him a “B-I-T-C-H” on Twitter, but he’s moved on to bigger fights.
• He says that Greg Jackson rarely accepts money from fighters.
• He is planning at making Hughes gasp for air when they fight.
• He sees this being Hughes’ retirement bout and says he’s expecting a tough fight.