Just a couple of hours ago, the UFC held a press conference in Shaw Court, Alberta, Canada, to promote UFC 149: Jose Aldo vs. Some Guy (it’s a joke, take it easy), which is expected to transpire on July 21st from Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Surprisingly absent from the conference was that of UFC President Dana White, who was in turn replaced by Director of Operations for UFC Canada, Tom Wright. Also absent was a hearty supply of French fries and gravy for the fighters involved, which was a real shame in our opinion.
In the co-main event of the evening, the most
hated wanted man in the middleweight division, Michael Bisping, will square off against hard nosed slugger Tim Boetsch. Also expected for UFC 149 will be Antonio Rodrigo’s Nogueria’s return to the octagon for the first time since Frank Mir went all Paul Harris on his arm, the difference between their UFC 140 scrap and the average Paul Harris fight being that Nog waited until after Mir broke his arm to tap, not the other way around. Anyway, Big Nog will be squaring off against the inconsistent but always dangerous Cheick Kongo, who is coming off a knockout loss at the hands of Mark Hunt at UFC 144.
Check out the full video and lineup below.
UFC 149 Lineup
- Champ Jose Aldo vs. Erik Koch (for featherweight title)
- Michael Bisping vs. Tim Boetsch
- Mauricio “Shogun” Rua vs. Thiago Silva
- Cheick Kongo vs. Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira
- Siyar Bahadurzada vs. Thiago Alves
- Jon Fitch vs. Aaron Simpson
- Antonio Carvalho vs. George Roop
- Bryan Caraway vs. Mitch Gagnon
- Mitch Clarke vs. Anton Kuivanen
- Ryan Jimmo vs. Anthony Perosh
- Court McGee vs. Nick Ring