(Props: oneness2004. Fight begins at the 2:40 mark.)
On Friday night, undefeated MMA fighter and CagePotato film critic Nick Newell increased his pro record to 6-0, picking up yet another first-round stoppage at XFC 15 in Tampa, Florida. Nick was the aggressor early, slugging opponent Denis Hernandez to the fence and taking him down with relative ease. From there, he softened up Hernandez with ground-and-pound before dropping back into a heel-hook. It’s as surprising as it is painful, and Hernandez is forced to tap. Newell’s attempt at an off-the-cage victory somersault is somewhat less successful, but overall, it’s a great showing from our homeboy. Congrats, Nick.
After the jump: Full results from XFC 15, plus another sick submission from the Ryan Thomas vs. John Kolosci bout.
- Eric Reynolds def. Jonatas Novaes via unanimous decision (29-28 x 3)
- Carla Esparza def. Felice Herrig via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Nick Newell def. Denis Hernandez via submission (heel hook), 1:11 of round 1
- Corey Hill def. Charlie Rader via submission (brabo choke), 3:58 of round 1
- Brandon Sayles def. Imani Lee via verbal submission (punches), 3:09 of round 1
- Ryan Thomas def. John Kolosci via submission (reverse triangle choke), 4:46 of round 1
- Marlon Moraes def. Chris Manuel via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Socrates Pierre def. Phil Daru via unanimous decision
- Anthony Christodoulou def. Bruce Lutchmedial via TKO, 3:59 of round 3
(Thomas vs. Kolosci. Submission begins at 5:52.)