(Alistair Overeem vs. Todd Duffee. Fight starts at the 3:41 mark and ends 19 seconds later. Good night Ireeeene.)
Full results from today’s New Year’s Eve event in Saitama, Japan, are after the jump, along with a few must-see videos courtesy of ZP420MMA. Note: Bob Sapp apparently backed out of his IGF slap-fight-rules bout with Shinichi Suzukawa at the last minute.
– Hiroyuki Takaya def. Bibiano Fernandes via unanimous decision. Takaya becomes the new DREAM featherweight champion, avenging his earlier split-decision loss to Fernandes at the 2009 DREAM Grand Prix Finals.
– Tatsuya Kawajiri def. Josh Thomson via unanimous decision
– Jason High def. Hayato Sakurai via split decision
– (K-1 MAX bout) Akiyo Nishiura and Tetsuya Yamato fought to a majority draw (30-30 x 2, 29-30).
– Marius Zaromskis def. Kazushi Sakuraba via TKO (doctor’s stoppage due to his ear getting torn off, basically), 2:16 of round 1. Zaromskis retains the DREAM Welterweight Championship.
– Satoshi Ishii def. Jerome Le Banner via unanimous decision. Despite the results, it was an underwhelming performance from Ishii, and the crowd booed him when it was over.
– Alistair Overeem def. Todd Duffee via KO (knee and punches), 0:19 of round 1. Overeem is the new “DREAM Interim Heavyweight Champion.”
– (K-1/DREAM special rules bout) Yuichiro Nagashima def. Shinya Aoki via KO (flying knee and punches), 0:04 of round 2. Probably the most satisfying knockout of the year considering all the bullshit Aoki pulled leading up to it.
– (K-1 bout) Gegard Mousasi def. Kyotaro via unanimous decision (30-28, 29-28 x 2)
– Sergei Kharitonov def. Tatsuya Mizuno via KO (knee), 1:25 of round 1
– Hiroshi Izumi def. Ikuhisa Minowa via TKO (punches), 2:50 of round 3
– Hideo Tokoro def. Kazuhisa Watanabe via submission (armbar), 2:02 of round 3
– Kazuyuki Miyata def. Caol Uno via unanimous decision. Uno loses his featherweight debut, and is now winless in his last five fights.
– Andy Ologun def. Katsuaki Furuki via unanimous decision