Brock Lesnar has a gut feeling. It’s a bad feeling.
Brock Lesnar is reportedly convalescing from his latest dust up with diverticulitis, after undergoing scheduled surgery Friday to deal with the chronic and debilitating intestinal disorder. According to the Baldfather, Lesnar had “about twelve inches” of his colon removed, and there’s perhaps a bit of irony that Mr “Write That Down In Your Little Notebook” is uncomfortable in the bunghole region. “He said he’s a little sore, but the operation was a huge success,” says Dana. Take it with a grain of salt, but Lesnar and the UFC are optimistic for a to return to the cage in early 2012.
Just in case you missed the important part in there, Brock Lesnar just lost about a foot of his large intestine. Also, how has no one mocked up the Trash Talking Kids “Eat Some Broccoli Lesnar” yet?
As you probably remember, Lesnar was first attacked by diverticulitis-weilding Canadians in the fall of 2009, which postponed Lesnar’s fight with Shane Carwin for six months and kept the entire MMA blogosphere on the edge of their seats. It is unclear how the Canadians managed to get at the big fella this time, but it is notable that Lesnar spends a good deal of time in Minnesota, an American state that is horrifyingly close to the land of socialist penguins and counterfeit bacon.
Lesnar had already pulled out of his scheduled matchup with Junior Dos Santos at UFC 131 in June, and was replaced in the main event by Carwin. While we realize we give Brock a hard time, we still wish him a speedy and complete recovery. Besides, it looks like Brock doesn’t really need any more shit to deal with right now.
While recovering, perhaps Brock should look into taking a role in a movie. As you’ll see in this video, Brock can totally pull off the “Intimidating Large Man” part with almost no preparation. We hear they’re casting a new Mad Max flick.