The main event of last night’s UFC on FUEL TV 3 event blew past its already high expectations. “The Korean Zombie” Chan Sung Jung and Dustin Poirier set a frenetic pace for over three rounds, with Jung dominating the fight both in the standup and on the ground. In the end, Jung rocked Poirier with punches and a flying knee, and put “Diamond” to sleep on the mat with a d’arce choke at the 1:07 mark of round four. You can check out highlights from their scrap above, including an excerpt from Jung’s astounding grappling clinic in round two.
The match earned both men $40,000 Fight of the Night bonuses, and Jung picked up an additional $40k for the event’s Submission of the Night (“What about meeeeeeee?!” – The McKenzietine). Knockout of the Night went to Tom Lawlor, who celebrated his birthday then starched Jason MacDonald in just 50 seconds.
After the jump: Dustin Poirier gets emotional in a post-fight interview with Ariel Helwani, and full results from UFC on FUEL TV: Korean Zombie vs. Poirier.
- Chan Sung Jung def. Dustin Poirier via technical submission (d’arce choke), 1:07 of round 4
- Amir Sadollah def. Jorge Lopez via split decision (29-28 x 2, 28-29)
- Donald Cerrone def. Jeremy Stephens via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Yves Jabouin def. Jeff Hougland via unanimous decision (30-27 x 2, 30-26)
- Igor Pokrajac def. Fabio Maldonado via unanimous decision (29-28 x 2, 30-27)
- Tom Lawlor def. Jason MacDonald via KO, 0:50 of round 1
- Brad Tavares def. Dongi Yang via unanimous decision (29-28 x 3)
- Cody McKenzie def. Marcus LeVesseur via submission (guillotine choke), 3:05 of round 1
- T.J. Grant def. Carlo Prater via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)
- Rafael Dos Anjos def. Kamal Shalorus via submission (rear-naked choke), 1:40 of round 1
- Johnny Eduardo def. Jeff Curran via unanimous decision (29-28 x 3)
- Francisco Rivera def. Alex Soto via unanimous decision (30-27 x 3)