Quite possibly the most dangerous proving ground in all of mixed martial arts, the local MMA show combines the blood-soaked glory of the big leagues with the fluorescent lighting and seating arrangements of your high school gymnasium or neighborhood watering hole. Often featuring announcers that would make Mauro Ranallo blush and referees that would be laughed off stage by Cecil Peoples, the local show never ceases to be entertaining, as well as a place where some of the sport’s finest talents build their resumes and skill sets. And with all the unknown prospects (not to mention knockouts) we were treated to with last night’s season opener of The Ultimate Fighter 14, I figured I’d surf the web and find eight of the localest, bar-room-brawlingest, shakiest-cameraist knockouts out there for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy.
1. “That’s gunna leave a mark”
2. Paging Dr. Marquardt- Skip to 1:07 for the start.
3. In which I prove that all Swedes are not tall, beautiful people
4. Fedor’s first legitimate knockout loss
5. Followed by his first knockout victory
6. Miller Lite – it always goes down smooth
7. A tall gentleman’s first (and likely last) amateur match
8. The “I swear I recognize one of those guys” knockout