(“Motherf*cker I should have killed you when I had the chance.” / Photo courtesy of Francis Specker)
Former UFC light-heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson has never responded well to adversity. In the wake of his second consecutive loss at UFC 144, Jackson’s famous hair-trigger was set off last night, and he went full retard on Twitter, publicly blasting his employers. Here are some highlights, which amazingly haven’t been deleted yet:
- “I will fight who ever they put n front of me,I always have,but it will b my last fight n the ufc,I have other things on my mind”
- “I didn’t say I would b done fighting,I just said I’m not fighting 4 the UFC,(u fight cheap)I said I have other things on my mind (big head)”
- “@VWAssassin: @Rampage4real your leaving the UFC?” Y should I stay? I don’t need them or anybody else negative dealing with my carrie”
- “@DrjftGaming: @Rampage4real Will you still do MMA, or is this your last MMA fight period?” Guys learn how 2 read! MMA ok UFC no ok after”
- “Sorry guys just been going threw a lot n I was trying 2 stay positive last night,n it worked,so I’m just gonna start over! U helped me!”
- “I know 1 place I’m not going back 2! I’m going 2 b with my wife n kids n sin no more! Just ask 4 forgiveness! #new I’d win this 1!”
- “I need help with positive energy once again,u can tell things aint right,u helped me last night! I love u all,wish I could say what’s up”
Are we looking at the early stages of another post-loss crackup? That last tweet — sent at 5:40 a.m. PT — suggests that ‘Page may be dealing with some issues beyond a money dispute with the UFC. (Although really, mocking the UFC as “u fight cheap” is never a good idea, especially when you’re one of the promotion’s highest paid stars.) And “sin no more”? Oh boy. When Rampage starts to get all religious, it’s probably a good idea to stay off the roads for a while. If Jackson doesn’t fall in line quick, the UFC might not even let him have one more fight before he jumps ship.
P.S.: “Guys learn how 2 read! MMA ok UFC no ok after” is an early front-runner for insane MMA tweet of the year.