Not to come off sounding like a bunch of know-it-alls, but we’re pretty sure we’ve figured out the formula to make the perfect trailer for any upcoming UFC event. It’s simple really:
1. Pick out the best highlights of the champion destroying his former opponents, preferably in slow-mo
2. Insert Joe Rogan quote, something about said champ being “untouchable” or “the greatest”
3. Fade in “Lux Aeterna” by Clint Mansell, usually the orchestral Lord of the Rings version
4. BIG, BOLD TEXT DECLARING THAT THE CHALLENGER IS AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT BREED OF ANIMAL
5. As the song enters its second half, cut to several clips of the challenger destroying his former opponents, now in real or even sped up time.
6. Mike Goldberg yelling “Oh my” or “It is all over!”
7. Close on a dramatic, sudden cut to the event text/details.
The marketing department behind the UFC 151 promo clearly adhered to this formula, resulting in a trailer that will undoubtedly get your panties, your wife’s panties, and your slutty mistresses crotchless panties all bunched up in anticipation for the blood-soaked throwdown that will be Jones vs. Henderson on September 1st.
Check it out below.
Seemingly not content with the plethora of awesome knockouts and background music that makes you want to grab your ten closest friends and go drive-by hardcore dancing, the editor of the trailer opted to dub over a Hendo scream at the 52 second mark (which was likely inaudible when he originally did it) with the roar of the shark in Jaws 4. Although the sound was completely off-putting in both instances, it was easily more successful here.
But the question still remains: Will Hendo be able to land one of his patented H-bombs, or will Bones’ dominance continue?
We’re just a couple weeks away from finding out.